Caistor’s celebrations in honour of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee began at 2pm on Thursday June 2nd with the town crier, Mr William Smith making the official declaration heard far and wide. Over 100 local towns people turned out to watch and wave flags. The same declaration was being made at the same time all over the Commonwealth.
The next event is the lighting of the beacon which will take place at the Rock at the top of Waterhills at 9.45pm the same day – Thursday June 2nd. The gates to the Rock open at 9pm, and cars can be parked at the Caistor Yarborough Academy.
What, When, and Where
- Thursday June 2nd at 2pm : Market Square Caistor : The Town Crier begins the proceedings
- Thursday June 2nd at 7.30pm : Film Night at South Street Park ‘Singin In The Rain’ film starts around 8.30pm
- Thursday June 2nd 9pm : Rock Foundation at Waterhills : Lighting of the Beacon at 9.45pm
- Fri 3rd & Sat 4th June : 12 – 5pm South Street Park : GO2 Activity Tent for Children (and their families) at the Beer Festival
- Fri 3rd & Sat 4th June : 12 – 5pm South Street Park : Caistor Photography Competition Exhibition
- Sunday 5th : 2pm – 5pm : Caistor Goes ‘Platinum Jubilee Celebration’ South Street Park